Frankie Ultra Deluxe Box Set Launched!
06 June 2014
ZTT in partnership with Union Square Music is proud to announce Inside The Pleasuredome – an “ultra-deluxe” box set celebrating the 30th anniversary of one of the most ground-breaking albums in the history of pop: "Welcome To The Pleasuredome" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood. The box set was launched on the PledgeMusic platform at 5pm on 21 May and has been a run-away success, reaching 50% of its target in under 50 hours.
“We want to take you Inside The Pleasuredome to explore Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Trevor Horn's greatest work,” explains compiler Ian Peel. “So we've dreamed up the most ultra-deluxe box set possible. Can we make this dream a reality? Pledge via the website
– and we can, and you can get this strictly limited edition visual, tactile and audio release in your hands.”
Inside The Pleasuredome
will come in a beautifully designed 12”-sized, 2.5”-deep box containing ten bespoke elements, including:
• A 2014 vinyl edition of the original album, remastered at Sarm Studios by Trevor Horn and his 2014 team, pressed on 180g audiophile vinyl and packaged in a unique die-cut sleeve designed to frame one of three accompanying prints by original Pleasuredome sleeve artist, Lo Cole.
• A set of three 10" singles compiling previously unreleased mixes of Relax, Two Tribes, The Power of Love and various album tracks.
• A 48-page hardback book celebrating the artwork of Welcome To The Pleasuredome, with contributions from Paul Morley and photographers John Stoddart and Peter Ashworth
• A DVD compiling the classic Pleasuredome videos by Godley & Creme and 5.1 surround sound audio mixes of the singles and album tracks
• A 13-track, 90-minute cassette anthology of Relax remixes; and a frame-by-frame flipbook of a rare Frankie animated film
For the digital generation, all music from the bespoke vinyl and cassette elements will come with a download code. Further limited editions and box set elements will be confirmed in the coming weeks, and announced first at: www.pledgemusic.com/projects/frankiegoestohollywood